Rolling in to September, I always feel a little tricked. Back in Chicago, September was the time of year when the leaves started to change colors and a chill appeared in the air. We would bring out our sweaters and gloves to sit on the football field at high school games, and even evaluate coats for the upcoming snowy winter. Houston is a different story.
Continue reading “Swing Dress with Bow Ties Sewing Tutorial” →
As it so happens, tragedy struck on my Hawaiian adventure, and it went a little something like this:
- Book a spectacular kayaking adventure.
- Be smart and put shoes into a bag so that they don’t get lost if our kayak gets flooded in the ocean.
- Remove soaked shoes post kayak adventure to find that a pair of Rainbows* has completely stained my glorious blush slip on’s.
Continue reading “How to Remove Tough Stains from Shoes” →
Two things make me really excited about today’s DIY:
- One of my favorite Christmas movies is Elf, and I feel that this quote just really embodies the movie and also my diet.
- I added this quote to my PJ’s using only paper, spray adhesive, and fabric paint!! That’s right, no Silohouette, no Cricut, and no iron on letters. That, my friends, is a cheap way to screen print.
Continue reading “DIY “Screen Printed” Christmas PJ’s” →
This Fall is full of fashion trends I’m scrambling to add to my closet:
#1. Burgundy/Bordeaux/Maroon/whatever you want to call that color. Love it.
#2. Anything and everything 70’s inspired. Think flared jeans, suede minis, and fringe.
#3. Leather items – again, mostly the 70’s inspired ones.
Trying to be trendy and overly excited, I’ve managed to fit all three trends into this one look… Too much? Continue reading “Leather Mini Skirt Sewing Tutorial” →
Though I love creative and complex sewing projects for the flexibility they give me to try out new ideas, sometimes I just want to make something quick. Well this project is the definition of quick. Aside from the washing and drying of the fabric, this tutorial should take you approximately 15 minutes to complete. Continue reading “The World’s Easiest DIY Maxi Skirt Sewing Tutorial” →
I’m a huge fan of the tee-shirt dress. It’s casual yet incredibly cute at the same time, and can be accessorized like no other piece of clothing. It’s also just as comfy as wearing pajamas. It’s perfect for throwing on over a swim suit for a trip to the beach, or dressing up with heels for happy hour. You can even add some tights and style it into the cooler fall months! Continue reading “The Perfect DIY Tee-Shirt Dress Sewing Tutorial” →