Baking for other people is such a joy. I love bringing a freshly made tray of goodies to an event and have people ooo and ahh over how excited they are to try it. Maybe they’re just feeding my ego, but I’ll take it.
I had a work event and one of my coworkers is gluten free. He mentioned that cheesecake was one of his favorites because he could eat the inside of the cake and just avoid the graham cracker crust. Sold. I hadn’t made cheesecake in years since helping my mom with one in middle school, and I never make cheesecake because I’m avoiding dairy for Kyle!
I looked through dozens of recipes and settled on a cheesecake bar that was so simple and foolproof that I could be convinced to make it on a Wednesday after a boot camp when I usually just lie on the floor and watch TV. I followed the recipe exactly except for swapping out sour cream for Greek yogurt. Dessert, but make it healthy (ish). I also made a double batch of Dessert For Two’s microwave lemon curd. Let me tell you, this is a game changer! I love her recipe and the ease of making it for topping all sorts of goodies.
The creamy decadence of cheesecake pairs so well with a tart lemon curd, balancing it out completely. These bars are really the perfect amount of cheesecake, as well, since normally you’re popping that button open at the top of your pants after downing a full slice. Check out the recipe below!
P.S. I am in LOVE with this adorable cutting board that I can use for charcuterie or cheesecake displays. I got it from KA Resin Design on Etsy. Her Instagram is incredible and so creative, and I love to see what she comes up with next!
Lemon Curd Cheesecake Bars
16 oz. Cream Cheese, softened
1/2 cup Sugar
2 Large Eggs
1/4 cup Plain Greek Yogurt
1 tsp. Vanilla
1 cup Graham Cracker Crumbs
2 Tbs. Sugar
1/4 cup Butter, melted
Lemon Curd Topping:
2/3 cup Sugar
2 Large Eggs
2/3 cup Lemon Juice
Zest of 2 lemons
6 Tbs. Butter, melted
1 Pinch of Salt
1. Pre-heat the oven to 325 deg F. Line a 9″x9″ baking pan with tinfoil and spray with cooking oil.
2. Mix together the graham cracker crumbs, 2 Tbs. of sugar, and melted butter until combined. Pour the mixture into the lined baking sheet and press into the bottom of the pan to make the crust.
3. In another bowl, beat the softened cream cheese until smooth. Add in the sour cream and sugar and beat again.
4. Add in the eggs and vanilla and beat until fully combined.
5. Pour the cheesecake mixture over the crust and smooth out the top. Bake in the oven for 35-40 minutes, or until the center of the cheesecake is no longer jiggly. Remove from the oven and cool completely before setting in the refrigerator for 2 hours.
6. While the cheesecake is cooling. Make your lemon curd topping. In a microwave safe bowl, whisk all of the ingredients together until fully combined. Microwave on high for 1 minute, and then remove and stir. Repeat the microwaving and stirring 4 times. Continue with 30 second intervals until the lemon curd sticks to the back of a spoon. Let this cool.
7. To assemble your bars, cut the bars into 16 squares and top each with a dollop of lemon curd.