With the holidays coming up, I find a lot of people struggling to find the perfect gift for their loved ones. My mom, in particular, is always asking me what I want for Christmas, and I have the hardest time coming up with a list! In order to get the creative juices flowing, I figured I would organize my favorite hobbies into lists of the best items for those types of people.
Today I’m starting out with a list of the 10 best gifts for craft lovers and DIYer’s. You know, those people with over 1000 pins for Pinterest DIY decor, lists of IKEA hacks to tackle, and mountains of rainbow markers in their drawers. I fall into this category, and these are the cute items and fantastic tools that I’m dying to get my hands on!
- Pink Hot Glue Gun, $10 – A necessary tool for quick crafting. Hot glue will hold almost anything together. Plus everything is cuter in pink.
- Utility Knife, $10 – When you’re trying to cut cardboard or even drywall, every DIYer could use a sharp knife that will give you a clean cut.
- Heart handle, triangle patterned scissors, $15 – A designated pair of allpurpose scissors are so helpful in all types of crafting, and who can resists how adorable these ones are?
- Needle Nose Pliers, $17 – If you love to make jewelry, wreathes, or even find yourself just needing to hang a painting with wire, these pliers will make the smallest of bends and even cut wire for you.
- Circle Cutter, $20 – For every time I cut 5 “circles” and then used a template for a circle and still got a misshapen egg, this would have saved me from a lot of headaches.
- Micro Stitch, $25 – GUYS. This thing is like a stapler but for fabric! If you don’t know how to sew but want to be able to hem a pair of pants or just make quick costumes, this is what you need.
- Paper Trimmer, $26 – When it comes to scrapbooking, a clean edge is key. This paper trimmer will make paper crafting a breeze.
- Dremel Rotary Tool, $80 – Ever since I took an engineering class in high school and the only tool they gave us to make a marble drop was a Dremel, I have wanted one every single day. You can use this multi-tool to sand, saw, cut, and drill… it’s amazing!
- Mini Paper Craft Punches, $10 – These mini punches make the best tools for card making, scrapbooking, and even confetti making. Because heart confetti > circle confetti.
- Cricut Explore Air 2, $250 – A dream tool for any crafter is an electronic cutting machine. This Cricut can draw, emboss, and cut paper, leather, plastic – anything! People on Etsy use this thing with glitter paper to make wedding cake toppers and make a 10x profit, no lie.
- Bosche Cordless Drill, Various – I got a Bosche cordless drill for Christmas one year and was SO EXCITED. I can’t tell you how many times I have lent it out to friends to hang up artwork, make woodworking projects, and put together IKEA furniture. It is an essential tool that I think every household needs!
One thought on “11 Best Gifts for Craft Lovers and DIYers”