Around the holidays there’s always that one person who really stumps you when it comes to gifts. They either have it all, or their Santa list consists of designer watches and imported French wines. Who has money for that craziness? Why not get a little crafty and make them something they can’t buy? Priceless!!
That’s why I’ve taken the liberty of composing a list of DIY gifts for everyone on your list. They’ll be impressed with your thoughtful nature, and you’ll be thrilled you still have money to buy that New Years Eve dress!
1. The Nature Lover – Bird Seed Cakes from House of Hawthornes
These little cakes make the perfect bird feeder that can be hung anywhere outside a window so your outdoorsy loving friend can watch the birds all Winter long from the comforts of their own home.
2. The Entertainer – Gold Confetti Glasses from A Thoughtful Place
I would absolutely love these adorable little cups. You could even apply this technique to wine glasses or champagne flutes. Show up with these and a bottle of bubbly and you’re a regular party instigator.
3. The Book Worm – Book Ends from Love Grows Wild
They might have every book in the library, but they don’t have these custom book ends you can make in a flash. Way to be stylish and thoughtful all in one swoop!
4. The Pampered Princess – Bath Bombs from Bright Nest
These things are so fancy looking but so simple to make. Who doesn’t love a good, long bath? Throw in a couple candles and call it a “Me Night Kit”!
5. The Hip Decorator – Teacup Planter from Curbly
This could also be done in a coffee cup depending on the person. Succulents are so in right now and plants give any space some added character.
6. The Dog Parent – Homemade Dog Treats from Gourmet Sleuth
This site has TONS of options that Fido will be sure to love. Make some sugar cookies in dog bone shapes for the doggy parent so they can snack together!
7. The Fashionista – Jewelry Blocks from Style by Emily Henderson
These things are so sleek and cool, yet also functional for any jewelry bauble collector.
8. The Music Festival Junkie – Hippie Headbands from Bunny Baubles (oh that’s me!)
These headbands are so simple and cheap to make! Definitely one of my favorite DIY gifts.
9. The Beer Guy – Six Pack Coasters from Attic Lace
A guys guy loves beer. Maybe you can also teach him how to love his furniture by giving him these custom coasters.
10. The Beach Bum – Glasses Case from Bunny Baubles (me again)
Most beach go-ers protect their eyes from the sun with sunglasses, but do they protect their sunglasses from harm? Help a brother out with a protective sleeve!
BONUS: The DIY Lover – Craft Starter Kits from Darby Smart
This last one isn’t a DIY, but would make the perfect gift for someone who likes to craft from another friend who doesn’t! From glass etching to candle making, this won’t break the bank with kits starting from $15.