Thanks to my little following’s help, I got some recognition with a nomination for the Liebster Award! This is an award for a small blog (less than 200 followers) to help it get some screen time. The lovely vintagebarbie17 nominated me for this award, and I’m now going to make some nominations myself!
Here are the full rules for anyone participating:
1. Write out 11 facts about yourself.
2. Answer the 11 questions you received from the person who nominated you.
3. Nominate 11 other small bloggers (less than 200 followers) and ask them 11 questions.
And so the cycle continues! I love this idea and hope that it helps other little bloggers like me who are just starting out!
11 Facts About Julia:
1. I am the eldest of four children from an amazing and loving family! Shoutout to my Mom, Dad, and little brothers and sister who have always supported me in my crafting love! My mother is also a social media genius who gives me all my blogging tips 🙂 (See here for her info!)
2. I studied Mechanical Engineering at university.
3. I love condiments/sauces to the point of accidentally eating them as the main dish of a meal.
4. Despite my adoration of bunnies, I do not own one (curse you sneaky apartment contract!!!).
5. Despite my deep love for tea, I’m incredibly boring about it and consistently buy cheap Lipton bags.
6. My television is almost always set to HGTV, Bravo, the Food Network, or TLC (bride shows only, the others creep me out).
7. Mystery novels are my favorite! Especially Poirot.
8. My one and only nickname is “Mommy Julia”.
9. Foods I could add to most anything: avocado, lemon, peanut butter, cheese.
10. I am an avid car singer and empty apartment dancer. This accompanies my constant stream of 90s music.
11. My friends, family, and boyfriend are my biggest supporters, and if they were the only ones who read my blog I would still be content 🙂
Questions from VintageBarbie17:
1. Why are you writing your blog?
I starting writing my blog to share my love for crafts, baking, etc with my friends and family! I was cranking out way too many projects in my free time and the blog actually allows me to slow down and enjoy them all.
2. Who is your favorite celebrity and why?
Real celebrity? I don’t have a great answer. But I’m pretty much in love with Rosie from The Londoner. Her blog is wonderfully full of food, travels, and clothes, while also packing in some incredible wit! She could also make a garbage bag look fabulous.
3. If you could go anywhere in the world, where would you go?
I’ve still never been to Paris or most of Italy and they are on my dream list of places to travel. One day!
4. Are you a morning or a night person?
Night time for sure, I love being cozy in my bed with a glass of wine and a book! Or a chick flick when I’m feeling a bit more lazy.
5. What is the last thing you think about before going to sleep?
How many hours of sleep I’m going to get before I have to wake up… Told you I was a night person… I wish I had something more romantic to say like imagining my dreams and hopes for the future but that would be a straight up lie. haha
6. If you won a million dollars, what would you spend it on?
I would put most if it into savings so I could end up retiring early to just craft all the time. But I would also travel for sure with my most favorite people.
7. Do you have any tattoo’s? If so what and where?
Nope. Tattoos kind of freak me out… If I had one I think I would get scared it was a bug on me all the time.
8. If you had to change your name, what would you change it to?
I’ve got tons of names I like on a list, but I tend to resort to the cute flowery ones like Rose or Lilly.
9. What is your dream job?
To craft for a living. I would love to just make clothes and home decor forever. I also think it would be awesome to flip houses, although it would be pretty stressful at times.
10. Do you have any pets, and if so what are they and what are their names?
Sadly no. If I did it would be a bunny… Or 5. No surprise there.
11. What is your favorite food or dish?
I could eat grilled cheese and tomato soup for the rest of my life and be pretty happy about it.
My List of Questions for my favorite Blogging Bunnies:
1. What do you hope for in your blog in the next 5 years?
2. What is your favorite blog?
3. Who is your biggest inspiration?
4. What will you treat yourself to?
5. Where are your top 3 travel musts?
6. What is the one thing that will always make you smile?
7. How do you feel about social media?
8. What are you most proud of?
9. What are you most afraid of?
10. What is your favorite 90s song?
11. What is your non-blogging job?
My Liebster Award Nominees!
Let me know when you answer my questions please! 🙂
Thanks again everyone who’s supported me in my blogging adventure! Look forward to more DIYs and creations! If there is anything y’all would particularly like to see, just let me know!