Happy first day of June, y’all! June always feels like the start of Summer to me because it was right when school got out as a kid. Even though I’ve been out of school for years now, I still seem to be inspired to go on vacation at this time of year. So much so that I have three trips planned for June! I’ll be in Chicago for my brother’s engagement party, then Las Vegas with Kyle and our parents, and finally to Honolulu for a week long getaway with some friends!
Let’s do a quick May recap before sharing a few things to come in June:
- My brother got engaged to his sweet girlfriend Heather, and we cannot wait to add her to our family!
- We celebrated Megan’s birthday for the first year ever without a full blown themed party. I guess we’re maturing?… maybe…
- My good friend MP got married in one of the most special ceremonies I’ve experienced where they had a Lutheran and Catholic priest split the duties. Am I the only one who loves the ceremony the best out of the entire wedding? I like hearing about the promises and the hard work to come and am fully comfortable sitting through a two hour ceremony. Marriage these days can be so overblown into this gargantuan party with no real substance beneath it.
- I started saying goodbye to a whole slew of people that seem to be leaving me. Between med school, business school, and new jobs, it seems that the four year mark has people itching to do something new. So far, I’m still feeling good about Houston.
Coming up in June, I have quite a few posts already planned as I’m trying to prepare for the crazy travel schedule ahead. Get ready for:
- Summery sweets and drinks! Both needed for vacations and sunny celebrations.
- Two cute and easy going sewing projects that are coming with me on vacation.
- More engagement party ideas! Honestly, y’all, I’ve found my calling.
Some of my favorite posts from May were Megan’s ombre birthday cake and the palm leaf pillows. Oh, and I made the peanut butter cup rice crispy treats twice, so know that they are that good and that easy. What were your favorites?